QO-100 High Speed Multi Media BeaconMay 30, 2022
The new “AMSAT-DL Highspeed Multimedia Modem” developed by Kurt DJ0ABR for the QO-100 NB transponder allows a transmission speed of up to 7200 bit/s in 8 APSK or 4800 bit/s in QPSK despite the maximum allowed bandwidth of 2.7 kHz.
It is thus significantly more efficient than conventional methods on the QO-100 transponder and it can be used to transmit any data and voice in full duplex. The software is open source and available free of charge.
Since the end of May 2022, the MM beacon from the QO-100 ground station (DK0SB) in Bochum is active.
- Center frequency: 10,489,995 MHz
- Zero beat, SSB: 10,489,993.3 MHz
- Modulation: 8 APSK
- Symbol rate: 7200 bit/s
- HF bandwidth: 2700 Hz
different types of multimedia content are already available or planned.
- Narrow Band Transponder Activity
- Wide Band Transponder Activity
- DX Cluster Messages
- CW Skimmer
- AMSAT Bulletins
- APRS (planned)
- HSmodem Manual from DJ0ABR and DD1US as a single PDF file
- QO-100 Multimedia Beacon Wiki: german / english
- HSmodem Download for Windows, Linux and Raspberry PI
- HSmodem Open Source Code on GitHub
- EA4GPZ: Decoding the QO-100 multimedia beacon with GNU Radio
- Discussion in AMSAT-DL Forum ( german / english )